Ammonite Lodge Ranch Shome! (Shop/Home)
Set on hundreds of acres of land, this ranch property had been in the owner’s family for decades. With views of the river beyond and an abundance of wildlife, a Morton Building was ready to be transformed from an office/warehouse into and a welcoming space fit to entertain guests and call home or SHOME!
Taking the massive building and transforming it involved vision and an engineer. The owner initially envisioned an “industrial loft style home”…however as selections began the owner’s taste led toward a more “elegant-Western hunting lodge” feel.
The building presented some initial challenges structurally. The floor was heaving, tearing out pole barn walls and making sure the new walls can support the huge windows was an issue, getting the building insulated properly, changing lighting and heating, adding a covered patio with timbers and stone, moving and adding doors along with adding a second level and getting the sound right were all challenges.
However - The results are just amazing!
- Floor to ceiling windows with remote control shades
- Cherry kitchen with elegant detailing and a Hidden Pantry
- A floating wood floor
- Copper Ceiling tiles
- Copper front door
- Wood inlaid barrel over the tub
- Gas Fireplace with stone surround
- Cambria Tops
- Stone walls
- Free standing metal staircase and chunky wood tread stairs leading to Open Loft
- New lighting and electrical